First Joel on Software conference
Monday, April 14, 2008
Registration is now open for Business of Software 2008 (the first ever Joel on Software conference). Neil has lined up great speakers:
- Seth Godin, Business Week's "Ultimate Entrepreneur for the Information Age", is the best-selling author of 7 books (including Permission Marketing and Purple Cow) as well as the most popular eBook of all time.
- Eric Sink, founder of SourceGear, author of "Eric Sink on the Business of Software" and the person who coined the term "Micro ISV"
- Steve Johnson of Pragmatic Marketing and winner of last year's Software Idol competition
- Richard Stallman launched the development of the GNU operating system, now used on tens of millions of computers today. Stallman has received the ACM Grace Hopper Award, a MacArthur Foundation fellowship, the Electronic Frontier Foundation's Pioneer award, and the the Takeda Award for Social/Economic Betterment
- Paul Kenny is one of the UK's top sales trainers, consultants and speakers. He has worked with many customers in three continents, including IBM, Perot Systems, The Guardian and tens of others.
- Dharmesh Shah is a geek, serial entrepreneur, founder of HubSpot and blogger at OnStartups.com
- Jessica Livingston is author of Founders at Work: Stories of Startups' Early Days and a founder of Y Combinator
- Jason Fried is founder of 37signals (developers of Basecamp and Ruby on Rails) and Signal vs Noise blogger
- Joel Spolsky, aka, "me," noted DJ, has over 600 karma points on the social news site "Reddit."
BoS2008 is in BOSton, September 3-4. Boston is absolutely beautiful in September. The weather is usually perfect. You can go kayaking on the Charles or take the duck tour if you're unambitious. Over 250,000 college students have just arrived, full of completely unjustifiable hope and optimism. The summer tourist crowd has mostly gone home so you can get into museums and historical sites. There are plenty of coffee shops that aren't NASDAQ-listed.
Want to know more?
You’re reading Joel on Software, stuffed
with years and years of completely raving mad articles about software development, managing
software teams, designing user interfaces, running successful software companies,
and rubber duckies.
About the author.
I’m Joel Spolsky,
co-founder of Trello and
Fog Creek Software, and CEO of Stack Exchange.
More about me.
© 2000-2015 Joel Spolsky